RobotX 2024 Competition
Previously at GT MRG…
The Maritime RobotX Challenge is an international competition where teams from all over the world compete with 16-foot WAM-V robotic boats, which must compete an assortment of complex tasks. These robots navigate through obstacles, listen with a sonar to pingers, and utilize an aerial vehicle to assist in various tasks.
The WAMblin Reck Refit
The WAMblin Reck is our WAM-V Autonomous Surface Vehicle used at RobotX. It has been in use by GT MRG since 2016. For 2024, the WAM-V will need to undergo refurbishment and upgrades.
- Pontoon Refurbishment – The WAM-V pontoons will need to
be patched and given mounts for propulsion and other systems
- Auxiliary System Development – RobotX often involves tasks like ball shooting, and these systems will need to be integrated into the WAM-V
- UAV Development – RobotX typically involves a autonomous aerial vehicle component
- Autonomy software – Develop algorithms for general localization, navigation, and perception
- Power and Propulsion Upgrade – The WAM-V requires upgrades to its propulsion system as well as its power distribution system
RobotX 2024 Team Roster
This could be you! Join us!